Food & Drink
Whilst we have kitchen and dining facilities on site in all of our accommodation, we realise that not everyone wants to cook their own dinner every night they are on holiday. You’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of places locally that offer fantastic food & drink and there’s something to suit every budget. Our selection of favourites are as follows:
- The Clachaig Inn – just 20 minutes walk away, the famous Clachaig Inn offers fantastic pub style food as well as a wide selection of real ales and whiskies. There’s live music on in the newly refurbished Boots Bar every Saturday night and the atmosphere is infectious – you’ll have a great time.
- The Glencoe Cafe – in Glencoe Village, tasty home-cooked meals and great baking – just perfect for filling up before spending an afternoon on the hills.
- Crafts & Things – at Tighphuirt, just past Glencoe Village. Craft & Things does great baking, soups & sandwiches amongst other things. There is also a very well stocked craft shop with all sorts of unusual items for sale including clothing, books, paintings, ornaments and much more.
- Ballachulish Visitor Information Centre – The café is under new management with a completely revised menu. Also has a shop but this one provides a font of knowledge and an activity booking centre on all things local.
- The Club House at the Dragons Tooth Golf Course – This café is also under new management and has an activity booking centre too.
- Loch Leven Hotel – just across the Ballachulish Bridge (about 5 miles). Great pub grub and a great atmosphere. Recommended.
- Loch Leven Seafood Cafe – a bit further afield, across on the other side of Loch Leven on the “low” road into Kinlochleven, but so worth the drive! The freshest seafood, simply prepared – delicious. You can even buy your own seafood from their shop, plenty of our guests have cooked up a feast for themselves back at their accommodation. Voted best Scottish Seafood Restaurant 2011.
Don’t forget there is a shop in Glencoe Village so you can stock up on your way here, and a Co-Op in Ballachulish Village too. Forgotten Breakfast? Don’t worry, you can buy our ‘Breakfast in a bag’ from us for just £2.75 which includes cereal, milk, toast, jam or marmalade and tea or coffee. Please order and pay the night before.