West Highland Way
The West Highland Way is a fantastic walk but it does miss out one of Scotland’s most dramatic and beautiful areas – Glencoe! Add in the fact that we are one of the closest accommodation options to the West Highland Way at the Kingshouse stage and you can see why we’ve hosted so many ‘way’ers’ over the years.
- A continental breakfast which can be pre booked and paid for on arrival. April to October only.
- All of the baggage transfer companies including Travelite and AMS will drop your luggage here
- Cook for yourself (pick up food in Glencoe Village on the way through) or eat out at the Clachaig Inn less than a mile away.
- A log fire in the hostel (hostel guests only),
- A top class drying room for your wet clothes – you never know!
- Free wi-fi in reception and a metered internet terminal.
- As we are equidistant from the Kingshouse and Kinlochleven why not stay a couple of nights? You can use our new Go Glencoe guiding service to explore some of Glencoe’s finest peaks on your day off. Alternatively why not book us for an ascent of Ben Nevis when you finish the walk! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, great introductory offers are available!
For individuals travelling alone the best option is to take the Citylink bus from the “Glencoe Ski Centre, White Corries” stop (just where the WHW crosses the A82 after the Glencoe Ski Centre) to Glencoe Crossroads and we are a beautiful 1.5 mile walk from there. For groups of 3 or more you will be best (cheapest) to pre book one of the local taxis (Ali’s on 01855 811136 or Hazelton on 01855 811764). Larger groups can take advantage of the local Loch Leven Community minibus by pre booking on 01855 831191. See our Location page for more information.
(Images courtesy of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park)